Tuesday, 16 August 2011

BMD-1 Chimera and first paratrooper finished!!







What do you think of my first weathering powder attempt? too much? too little?





As you can see, I have used some weathering powders.
After all my problems with painting cleanly before, it turns out the paints I were using were too liquidy or didn't have enough pigmens. I used an old codex grey (5 years old maybe?) over a tamiya olive drab spray. I basecoated in chaos black, which then allowed me to drybrush gretchin green to highlight the raised areas. I used fortress grey over the codex grey.

I'm happy with the camoflauge scheme on the BMD. Suitable for urban or natural environments. I was considering using a desert yellow colour aswell, but desert yellow as we know is shit :/ I also didn't want to overwork the pattern.

As for the para I painted, I based it on this:




I need another flesh paint tone.
I painted the scheme (Knarloc Green and bleached bown blobs)
 then used a badab black wash over it. Do you think it's effective?

I can't wait to paint my Hind Valkryie now that I know how!


1 comment:

  1. If you want your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you must watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Want your ex CRAWLING back to you...?

    ReplyDelete