Wednesday 16 March 2011

Complete 1500 army overhaul that confuses me a lot


Hi.
I made a radical new list (for what my army has been) for 1500pts

It's sort of boring merely posting army lists but this blog is going to try and document all things related to my army. And my infantry painting isn't very notable to write about.

This army uses NO VETERANS!!!!11!1 and actually has two platoons. Most of all it will try and use Al Ra'heem's mad hacks to get in mine enemies face/s. Only problems is it mixes my soldiers and weaponry around outside their normal squads, so the confusion will delay my set up.



Al Ra’heem List 1500pts
Hq
Company Command Squad-
Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon, Plasma Gun x2, Missile Launcher, Astropath

Troops
Infantry Platoon A
Platoon Command Squad
Power Sword, Bolt Pistol, Commissar, Power Sword, Grenade Launcher x2

Infantry Squad
Flamer


Infantry Squad
Grenade Launcher, Heavy Bolter

Infantry Squad
Grenade Launcher, Missile Launcher

Infantry Squad
Grenade Launcher, Missile Launcher


Infantry Platoon B

Platoon Command Squad with Captain Al’Rahem
Al’Rahem
Meltagun x4
Chimera with Hull H. Bolter,

Infantry Squad
Grenade Launcher
Chimera with Hull H. Bolter, Heavy stubber


Infantry Squad
Flamer
Chimera with Hull flamer, Heavy stubber


Infantry Squad
Grenade Launcher

Fast Attack

Vendetta Gunship

Scout Sentinel
Multilaser, Hunter Killer Missile

Heavy Support

Leman Russ Demolisher
Hull Heavy Bolter

Leman Russ
Lascannon


Total: 1504pts


SO How does this list work? I don't know really. But here are my intentions. The army is divided into three parts.

Part I 

The Command squad and the combined squad of Platoon A will stay put on an objective. These defensive troops provide supporting fire using their three missile launchers and 2 plasma guns. The Vendetta provides AT fire, and can be used to rapidly move units as needed.
Part II

The Platoon A command and the squads with flamer and grenade launcher will all be combined. This blob advances with my Leman Russ's on an objective. The infantry can get a 4+ cover save as they hide behind my tanks. The tanks shoot things, always moving 6.
Part III

Platoon B with Al Ra'heem is held in reserve, and scouts on the field. They can link up with the tank advance or be used to fight in another location. I guess it depends what rolls I get. An Astropath will help them out. For anti tank AL Ra'heem's command squad has 4 Meltaguns. Al himself is represented my my storm trooper sgt. with plasma pistol. And awesome power-knife.

Oh and the Scout Sentinel will outflank and annoy, and perhaps get some rear armour shots. it can help out either Platoon B or Platoon A/Tanks assault.

Personally I think this is my best 1500pt list I have yet made. Please comment if you have any alteration suggestions.
It seems to work in my mind, but only time and blood can tell...

3 comments:

  1. Nice work, mate.

    I'm no tactician, but I'm too old and grizzled to care much about winning, and I've always enjoyed fielding two - or even three - platoons. More power to your elbow, sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey drax thanks :) I think I prefer the old school less veterans codex for troops.
    I don't mind losing, but lately I have getting massacred :S As long as I can put up a fight as I go down, I'm happy :)

    How do I get emailed about comments by the way? its hard to see when I get comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go to your blogger 'Dashboard', then choose the 'settings' tab, then 'comments' below that. Scroll down to the bottom and you'll find some useful options.

    At least, that's what I think works...

    ReplyDelete