Saturday 12 March 2011

New Goals:



AVE!!

I have decided, rather than just focus on posting cool pictures, I will also write about my Cohorts rise to glory. Or rather, my attempts to win battles. While I have *played* for many years, it has just been un-competitive games against my brothers Tyranids or Eldar, and my friends mixed force of Templars and Tau (lolwuttt).
Having access to a war-gaming club now, I finally have a chance to earn some proper experience. 
The club plays 1000 point battles mainly (I think though a tournament on Monday will begin, starting at 750pts, then escalating to larger forces)

So, here are my 750 and 1000pt army lists. Having little experience, I can't wait to see how my internet informed decisions will play out. 


1007 point Steel Legion Army
HQ
Company Command Squad-
Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon, Plasma Gun x2, Missile Launcher, Master of Ordanance
137pts

Troops
Platoon Command Squad
Power Sword, Bolt Pistol, Grenade Launcher
45pts

Infantry Squad
Flamer
55pts

Infantry Squad
Grenade Launcher, Chimera with: heavy stubber, Hull flamer
120pts

Infantry squad
Flamer, Chimera with: heavy stubber, hull heavy bolter
120pts

Veteran Squad
Meltagun x3, Chimera with: Heavy Stubber, hull heavy bolter
175pts

Heavy Support
Leman Russ, Lascannon
165pts

Leman Russ Demolisher, Lascannon, Heavy Stubber
180pts (I'll post pics of my converted demolisher later)
Total 1007 pts

I think I'll convert one of those chimeras to have a hull H. Flamer. because they are awesome.

Now the 750pt tournament army: 

750 Point Army

HQ
Company Command Squad-
Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon, Plasma Gun x2, Missile Launcher
107pts

Troops
Platoon Command Squad
Power Sword, Bolt Pistol, Commissar, Power Sword, Bolt Pistol, Grenade Launcher
92pts

Infantry Squad
Flamer, Melta bombs, Chimera with: Heavy Stubber
125pts

Infantry Squad
50pts

Infantry squad
Flamer, Chimera with: Heavy Stubber, hull flamer
120pts

Veteran Squad
Meltagun x3, Chimera with: Heavy Stubber
175pts

Veteran Squad
Grenade Launcher, Heavy Bolter
85pts

Total= 754pts

You can clearly see that 20 of my Cadian regulars (as opposed to my steel legion elites :P) are painted in a desert scheme, based off the Australian desert camouflage pattern. I think sadly, I will repaint them this year in order to get a more cohesive army look.  
In the 750 list, you have to create a basic force that needs to be included in all larger armies as the tournament campaign thing escalates.
With post these lists, I plan to keep my Infantry defensive, with veterans with heavy weapons providing fire support and my armoured fist squads to go for an objective, all as one, and then hopefully contest an enemy objective. I think this will be easier with the 1000pt list than the other.
So, here begins my mission to become a decent player. If you have any tips for my lists, please shoot away! I can add some more meltaguns, as the conversions are easy, but can't do huge overhauls yet due to model constraints.
Farewell! 

No comments:

Post a Comment